This article show how to add the Printomat-printer on a computer that is not a SU Workstation computer.
For newer versions of Ubuntu and other Linux distributions using Gnome 3 window manager, please refer to the article:
Printing from a private computer - Printomat (Linux with Gnome - Ubuntu 18.10 and up)
NB! You must be connected to a network at Stockholm University to be able to connect to a Printomat-printer.
Linux - Ubuntu
1. If you do not have SAMBA installed, do that by running this command in a terminal:
sudo apt-get install smbclient
2. Download the PPD-driver below and save it in an appropriate place.
3. Go to System> Administration> Printing then click Add/Lägg till.
4. Expand Network Printer and choose Windows Printer via SAMBA.
In the smb:// field enter prntmat-p-srv3.it.su.se/printomat2
5. In the next window, select Provide PPD-file and browse to the downloaded PPD-driver.
6. The next screen will be as below:
Paper Source Unit: PC 415
Finisher: Finisher FS-536
Punch Unit: PK 520/4-GB Hole)
Saddle Kit: SD-511
7. In Describe Printer, do not change anything. Click Apply.
When you print the first time, you need to authenticate in a window:
Tick Remember password so you do not have to do this each time you print